March 12, 2009

A penny in a place where it doesn't belong!

Gracen has never been a child to put things in her mouth, which is why I am in disbelief as I am typing this. Flashback to this morning...

Gracen was playing in the living room with her ponies doing all the voices for each as she normally does and all of a sudden I hear a loud shriek and then she came running into kitchen.

Gracen: "Mommy, I swallowed a PENNY!"
Me: "WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When?"

Gracen: "I am very sorry I swallowed a penny"
Me: (freaking out in the worst kind of way) "It is OK baby, take a deep breath for Mommy"

Gracen: "Am I going to have to get a shot?"
Me: (Frantically dialing the pediatrician) " No, I don't think so?"

Gracen: (Crying LOUDLY) "How are they going to get it out?)
Me: (Waiting on hold, searching the Internet for "penny swallowing") "Well, I think it will come out when you go to the bathroom"

Gracen:(Crying louder now) " What?!!! In my poopie?"
Me: (Waiting on hold, searching the Internet for "penny swallowing" now with regret that I told her) " Yes, Sweetie it will be OK."

Gracen: (still crying) " I don't want it to come out there!"
Me: (Thinking...I will be the one to have to look for it) "No, me either"

Gracen: (screaming at this point) "No, Mommy it just can't!!!"
Me: (Finally on the phone with the doctor) "It is going to be OK!"

Gracen: "Mommy, I don't want to tell my friends!" (crying louder now)
Me: "OK, it will be our secret"

Gracen: "MOMMY!! You can't tell the doctor if it is our secret!"
Me: (thinking, I have had no bath today and I am about to have to go to the ER!) "Well, we have to tell the doctor" "She won't tell your friends"

Gracen: "MOMMMMMMY!!" (crying even louder if possible)
Me: (relieved that I don't have to got to the ER and that Gracen is going to be fine, but disgusted that I will have to WATCH for the penny!) "You are going to be fine!"

I will let you know how it all comes out! Just kidding... I will spare you that.

Lesson of the day: Don't put your pennies in a place where they don't belong!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor Gra! I'd be freaked out too. I don't envy you having to find it. And as Kevin just said...I don't think I would want that penny!