December 4, 2008

Pink Pig 2008

This is Gracen's 4th annual Pink Pig Ride!

Papa and Gracen rode the pig this year and had a great time. For those of you who don't know this is an annual tradition that started back when my Dad was little. Then in the 70's, the tradition continued for me as he took me each year at Christmas. Things have really changed over the years. I remember riding on the rooftop of the downtown Rich's store while chickens (yes chickens) ran around under the Priscilla and Percival pig cars. After Gracen was born, we continued the tradition to make it 3 generations of enjoying the Pink Pig.

Annual "Cheese" picture

Ride 1 and Ride 2!

This is the car Dad and I rode on in the 70's. We rode both Priscilla and Percival. I don't know how he got in one of those cars!!!

Vintage pictures of when it was on the ROOF of the downtown Rich's store. There were also chickens walking around up there, but they are not in the picture.

See you next year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love seeing the annual pink pig pictures. Always looks so fun, and it's such a great tradition.