December 9, 2008

Holly is busy getting us into the Christmas Spirit!

Day 1...
Good Morning Gracen,
I am so glad you found me! Last night I noticed that you didn’t have your Christmas tree up in you room. I know that you have been visiting Bibi and Papa, but it is time you put it up and all the ornaments that go with it. I found everything last night in the closet, so I hope today you will decorate it for me. Oh by the way, here are some new ornaments for you. Have fun and I can’t wait to see it!
Love,
Holly


Day 2...
Hello Gracen,
I am so happy to be here with you. Last night I realized that I forgot to bring you a candy cane yesterday! Oh my, how silly am I? Since I normally work in the candy cane kitchen at Santa’s workshop, I thought I would make you one using your Mommy’s kitchen. It turned out much bigger than they normally do. I guess because Mommy’s kitchen is so much bigger than the kitchen at the North Pole. Remember, my kitchen is elf sized! Anyway, glad to be here and enjoy the candy cane!
Love,
Holly

Day 3...

Hi Gracen,
I have a special gift for you today to help you count down the days until Christmas. I have your Mommy’s advent calendar from when she was a little girl. Bibi made it for her and she loved counting each day with a special sweet treat! Each day, you will take off only one candy cane to enjoy. Every time you take one off, it will get closer and closer to my favorite holiday, Christmas! Enjoy!!!
Love,
Holly

Day 4...

Hi Gracen,
Last night I used your Mommy’s sewing machine to make me a warm sleeping bag. I had great time sewing, but I had a little trouble with the machine. I hope I didn’t break it. Anyway, I love to have sleepovers. I thought since I now have a sleeping bag of my very own, I could spend the night with you! Would you like that? I know I would. We will have a great time.
Love,
Holly

Day 5...
Good morning Gracen,
I hope that I didn’t keep you up last night. I couldn’t sleep because I was missing home a little bit. I decided to make it look more like the North Pole in your room, so I added some decorations with snowflakes. I think it looks like a Winter Wonderland! Do you like it? Maybe later, Mommy can show you how to make a snowflake with paper? Ask her… I bet she would love it!
Love, Holly



We can't wait to see what she does next.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that holly is a busy elf. Love what she has done so far.

Kasey said...

I know Gracen is loving that Holly!

sandee said...

Wendy,
I LOVE the elf pictures and entire "holly" thing. I have never heard of hosting an elf for Christmas...great idea!! How in the world are you getting everything dong???