July 6, 2009

Good to be 40 inches....

As most of you know, you have to be 40 inches to ride the "big" rides at Disney. To avoid a complete meltdown by Gracen, I measured her before we left so that I knew she would be OK. By my measurements, she was a little over 41", so I thought we were good to go on that issue until we got to Soarin' at Epcot. They are obviously using a different measurement system, because she was only 39 inches. Immediately she lost it and was heartbroken because she couldn't ride. SO was I!

After a little bit of coaching like "stand up straight when they measure you, honey", we actually got on a different ride called Test Track. As we were walking by the person who measures kids, Gracen turns to me and says "Mommy, I am tall enough to ride now!" We just rushed through gate and got on QUICKLY! The things you will do for you kids.

Later we went back to Soarin' and Gracen walked very tall right past the person measuring. It was a great ride and she loved it.

So, being 40 inches was a big deal and when we visited the Star Wars store it was completely necessary to buy her this shirt of Yoda trying to get on a ride. She loves her shirt "Judge me by my size do you?" I think she even sounds a little like Yoda. Enjoy her video...

No comments: